LOTUS LANTERN FESTIVAL
About this Program
Important Intangible Culture Heritage NO.122 Lotus Lantern Festival is one of the 3 biggest festivals in Korea.
We’re now recruiting Global Cultural Ambassadors (Supporters) for this International Festival celebrated by over 300 thousands people every year!
Hosted by Lotus Lantern Festival
DATE: 3 April ~ 12 May (details below)
VENUE: Jogyesa & Jongro street. Nearby Anguk station.
Inquiry: Culture Us (www.culturus.co.kr)
– Free Templestay
– Participation in Lotus Lantern Festival Parade
– All teams will be consisted of Koreans and foreigners, activities are conducted in both
English and Korean
– Free educational lectures for volunteers
– Free Meals (Vegan option available)
– Volunteer certificate.
Application Period and Interview:
– Application Period: 2019 Feb 19th ~ 24 March,
** Registration can be closed early in case of arrival of overwhelming numbers of candidates.
– Submit Application at: www.cultureus.co.kr -> programs -> LotusLanternFesitval
Volunteer Education & Program Schedule::
Interview: March 27(Wed) 5pm ~7pm
The selection result will be announced on the next day.
** Schedule **
– April 3(Wed) 6pm~8pm: Launching ceremony:
– April 6, 1pm ~7, 11am (Sat~Sun) Templestay 1 night 2 days at JinGwanSa a temple with 1000 years history.
Participate the Templestay training is an obligation.
– April 10 (Wed), 6pm~9pm : Team dinner, Meaning of Lotus festival, Performance practice.
– April 17 (Wed) 6pm~8pm: Lighting ceremony : Lighting ceremony and Dance Performance at Gwanghwamun
– April 24 (Wed) 6pm~8pm : Making lantern for parade, Performance practice
– May 1 (Wed) pm 6:00~8:00 : Role assignment on festival day, Performance practice.
– May 4(Sat)~5 (Sun): Lotus Lantern Festival volunteering : Parade leading, Performance, Help international participants etc.
– May 12 (Sun) 10am ~12pm : Buddha’s birthday ceremony, Final Workshop.
※ All programs are conducted in both Korean and English.
※ All free of charge, Vegan meal option available.
※ If you have higher attendance rate, you will have better chance to be selected.
※ Meeting venue will be nearby Insadong, Jongro.
– Citizens of the world who wish to enjoy the Lotus Lantern Festival and participate in volunteer work during the event
– Members needed: 60 ( 40 Global Expats, 20 Koreans)
※ Volunteers will be selected after an interview in English or Korean
※ All programs are in English or Korean
What supporters do?
Chance to learn about Korean Important Intangible Culture Heritage NO.122, “Lotus Lantern
Festival” & Korean old history and culture while experiencing the traditional cultural festival!
Beyond religions and nationalities, participate in the humanism festival brings all as one.
2. Laugh! Fun!
More than 100 different experience booths;
Flash mob welcomes everyone to join;
Fascinating lotus lantern parade;
Exciting unity celebration and many other events as well as tasty foods! Let’s enjoy all
Meet new friends at Korean representative festival Lotus Lantern Festival which is now
growing into an international event
Participate in the meaningful volunteer works and build friendship with Korean as well as
foreign friends at Lotus Lantern Festival